Fraud & Cyber Crime – Useful Information
Useful websites for protect information for your businesses and staff:
- National Cyber Security Centre: The latest Government information and advice with regards to threats, news and guidance. I would certainly advise looking at the small business guide, Password security and 10 steps to cyber security. https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/
- Cyber Essentials: Information about how your business can become certified with regards to cyber security. To become certified does cost money, however there is also free advice and a checklist you can complete to get you thinking about security within your business. https://www.cyberessentials.ncsc.gov.uk/
- @CyberProtectUK and @ActionFraud – Please feel free to share any of the materials found on our Twitter accounts.
If anyone is based with the City of London,we run a number of services under Cyber Griffin:
Cyber Griffin: https://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/advice-and-support/cybercrime/Pages/Cyber-Griffin.aspx
Cyber Griffin is a City of London Police initiative focused on helping people in the Square Mile protect themselves from cybercrime. Cyber Griffin is comprised of three distinct services; baseline briefings, incident response exercises and advisory group support. All services are free as this initiative is purely a public service.
Please find more detailed explanations below.
- Baseline Briefings: It is widely acknowledged that in terms of cybercrime, people are both our greatest security risk and our greatest security asset. Our baseline briefings are designed to guide non-technical people through the key cyber threats happening now and teach them effective defender skills sufficient to defeat the most prolific cyber-attacks. We believe this service is a valuable first step to take for any individual or business serious about improving their cyber security. It can dramatically improve cyber resilience, and an individual’s knowledge and understanding of cyber rime, in just half a day.
Briefings take a morning of your time. Please visit the Eventbrite page (on website) to sign up. Should you find our briefings are fully booked, please keep checking back as we will regularly be releasing new briefing dates. Briefings will be held at various auditoriums around the Square Mile.
- Incident response: Our cyber incident response exercises have been created to test your organisation’s cyber security incident plans. Working effectively in this complex area requires good planning, full organisational buy-in and good decision making under pressure. Cyber Griffin offers three incident response services designed to tackle each of these areas in turn. These range from consultations on existing plans or plans that are in the process of being created, with a trained officer, to live time exercises focused on decision making under pressure. All of our incident response exercises can take place in house at your office. Please use the link below to register your interest and specify which exercise you would like us to run.
- Cyber Advisory Group: Cyber expert advice which is both free and neutral is as valuable as it is rare. Our advisory group is made up of a collection of experts selected because together, they have important experience and expertise in all the major areas of cyber security.