Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Credit Forum (PMF)
- Deliver a Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Credit Forum for Credit Professionals
- The members are from Wholesalers and Manufacturers
- The scope of the forum is to cover the sectors in the UK and the markets on a global basis
- A forum is managed by Forums International Ltd and supported by Experian and Moreton Smith who aim to deliver a high level of benefit and a positive member experience
- To exchange experiences and views on issues of common interest
- To share practical ideas that members can implement in their own organisations
- To develop & promote best practice in the credit & risk management community
- To improve knowledge and skills and keep up to date with industry developments
- To connect credit leaders and practitioners with each other and with industry experts.
It’s different because…
This is not an ad-hoc event with business development aims, but a genuine and lasting community of peers with common interests and goals.
There are 3 UK meetings a year.
The 2017 meeting dates are:
- 16th February
- 13th June
- 5th October
We will also be holding a meeting in Cork Ireland.
- The forum is not just a meeting. It is a community
- The members via email and the web site are able to communicate, ask questions, share information with each other, the partners are subject experts on a daily basis
The Forums International website has a secure password protected member’s area: in this area we house past presentations, workshop results, member details and useful information etc.
The meetings are of one day duration
- Start time 10.00 for 10.30
- Finish time approximately 15.00/15.30
- Refreshments & lunch are provided.
- There is an optional networking group dinner the night before the meeting
The UK meetings are currently being held at The Stratford Manor hotel, Stratford upon Avon
Challenging and instructive agendas
The Forum members have significant input into meeting agendas, to ensure that sessions are relevant and cover key areas of common interest.
Sessions are delivered through workshops and discussions rather than lecture-style presentations.
We source and invite knowledgeable subject experts to ensure that content is of the highest standard.
The meetings are NOT all presentations.
- There are workshops and discussions on topics suggested by the members
- The format is 50:50
50% Subject Matter Experts
50% Sharing of members experiences
Our mission is that every attendee takes at least one new thing away from every meeting
It’s different because…
Meetings are eligible for the CICM’s CPD Scheme 6 points.
Sample Agenda items
Pharmacy funding cuts
Funding cuts to Pharmacies?
Working with NHS SBS today
The development of theNHS supplier strategy
Automated payment solutions
Insurance update & view of the Pharmaceutical Sector
Customer Experience & Customer Service
Membership is open to finance & credit professionals from sector Manufacturers and Wholesalers and genuine prospective members.
Prospective members are invited to attend their first meeting free of charge and without obligation, to assess the benefits of membership for themselves.
The annual membership is £660.00
The above subscriptions are subject to VAT where the billing address is in the UK
Members are responsible for their own hotel, accommodation and travel costs. Administrative assistance with travel arrangements and hotel bookings is available.
A maximum of two members from each company can attend the meetings
Membership is not just about meetings
We encourage members to draw on the network of peers provided by the Forum between meetings.
There is an established electronic communications channel for members to ask questions and stay in touch with each other.
All members’ contact details are available on the restricted-access area of the forum website, from where copies of all meeting presentations and workshop outputs can also be downloaded.
What Our Members Say
It’s different because…
The Forum sponsors have been carefully selected for the knowledge they can bring to the members and are not permitted to use the meetings as sales opportunities.
PMF Corporate Partners
Cedar Rose are known and trusted globally by top tier organisations as the business intelligence experts for the MENA region.
With over 20 years of experience researching, compiling and cleaning data on companies and people in the Arabic speaking countries, Cedar Rose now holds the largest, most accurate database of its kind. The company provides Company Registration Reports, Company Credit Reports, all levels of Due Diligence reports and instant Electronic Identity Verification of companies and individuals throughout the Middle East, North Africa and beyond.
Services are delivered via their website (www.cedar-rose.com), by API or email in various formats according to their clients’ requirements.
Experian is a global leader in providing information, analytical and marketing services to organisations and consumers to help manage the risk and reward of commercial and financial decisions. Experian operates one of the most advanced and comprehensive databases of business information in the UK, offering a range of extraordinary products and services to meet your needs.
MoretonSmith are receivables management specialists, providing a holistic approach to high-performance accounts receivable.
For 20 years, MoretonSmith have been dedicated to helping our clients collect more of what they are owed, more efficiently. They have consistently achieved this, via a combination of cutting-edge collections technology and best-in-class international collection services.
Whether it’s worldwide collections, or in-house processes, MoretonSmith has the talent, technology, experience and expertise to help.
The Healthcare Distribution Association (HDA) reflects the changes in the supply chain that has seen pharmaceutical wholesalers become integrated health care service providers. The distribution industry has to change, with wholesalers taking more of a role in central dispensing, informatics and big data, as well as reacting to continued consolidation, online pharmacies and new picking and delivery mechanisms.
The HDA has been established to promote the more varied comprehensive medicines wholesaling, distribution and associated services now provided by a more diverse range of businesses that ensure resilience, certainty and flexibility for patients, manufacturers and healthcare institutions across the four countries of the United Kingdom.
Patient safety is our guiding principle and this can be embodied in the mantra:
“the right treatment, in the right place, and at the right time”
Inherent within this simple statement are some core principles that our member companies adhere to, and should be respected for, namely:
- the ability to source medicines and treatments used across the NHS;
- the ability to store and keep these medicines safely and under clinically-required conditions, until required by hospitals, pharmacies and doctors in all locations across the four countries of the United Kingdom
- our members adhere to, and promote the highest standards of Good Distribution Practice (GDP)
- as needed, we can then distribute these healthcare treatments speedily