International Apparel Credit Forum (IAF)
- To deliver a unique forum for Credit Professionals from the International Apparel sectors
- The members are from Manufacturers of clothing, footwear and accessories
- The scope of the forum is to cover the sectors in the UK and the markets on a global basis
- A forum that is managed by Forums International Ltd and supported by Experian and Moreton Smith who will aim to deliver a high level of benefit and a positive member experience
- To exchange experiences and views on issues of common interest
- To share practical ideas that members can implement in their own organisations
- To develop & promote best practice in the credit & risk management community
- To improve knowledge and skills and keep up to date with industry developments
- To connect credit leaders and practitioners with each other and with industry experts.
It’s different because…
This is not an ad-hoc event with business development aims, but a genuine and lasting community of peers with common interests and goals.
There are 3 UK meetings a year.
The 2017 meeting dates are:
- 23rd March – Nike, Netherlands
- 25th July – Experian, London
- 16th November – Milan
- The forum is not just a meeting. We plan for it to be a community
- The members via email and the web site will be able to communicate, ask questions, share information with each other, the partners and subject experts on a daily basis
The Forums International website has a secure password protected member’s area: in this area we house past presentations, workshop results, member details and useful information etc.
The meetings are of one day duration
- Start time 10.00 for 10.30
- Finish will be at approximately 15.30
- Refreshments & lunch are provided.
- There is an optional networking group dinner the night before the meeting
The three meetings are held: two in Europe and one in the UK
Challenging and instructive agendas
The Forum members have significant input into meeting agendas, to ensure that sessions are relevant and cover key areas of common interest.
Sessions are delivered through workshops and discussions rather than lecture-style presentations.
We source and invite knowledgeable subject experts to ensure that content is of the highest standard.
The meetings are NOT all presentations.
- There are workshops and discussions on topics suggested by the members
- The format is 50:50
50% Subject Matter Experts
50% Sharing of members experiences
Our mission is that every attendee takes at least one new thing away from every meeting
It’s different because…
Meetings are eligible for the CICM’s CPD Scheme 6 points.
Sample Agenda items
Economic and Credit Insurance update
- Update on the Global economy
- Impact of Brexit & Trump
- Overview of credit insurance
Onboarding – Best Practice
- Sharing of Processes
- Data elements
- Data Sources / Challenges
- “Ones to Watch” session – how it works
- Country challenges
- Knowing the facts & the processes
- Sharing your experiences
Top 5 Challenges
What are your challenges for the year ahead and why?
Membership is open to finance & credit professionals from the sector and genuine prospective members.
Prospective members are invited to attend their first meeting free of charge and without obligation, to assess the benefits of membership for themselves.
The annual membership is £750.00
The above subscriptions are subject to VAT where the billing address is in the UK
Members are responsible for their own hotel, accommodation and travel costs. Administrative assistance with travel arrangements and hotel bookings is available.
Membership is not just about meetings
We encourage members to draw on the network of peers provided by the Forum between meetings.
There is an established electronic communications channel for members to ask questions and stay in touch with each other.
All members’ contact details are available on the restricted-access area of the forum website, from where copies of all meeting presentations and workshop outputs can also be downloaded.
What Our Members Say
It’s different because…
The Forum sponsors have been carefully selected for the knowledge they can bring to the members and are not permitted to use the meetings as sales opportunities.
IAF Corporate Partners
Experian is a global leader in providing information, analytical and marketing services to organisations and consumers to help manage the risk and reward of commercial and financial decisions. Experian operates one of the most advanced and comprehensive databases of business information in the UK, offering a range of extraordinary products and services to meet your needs.
MoretonSmith are receivables management specialists, providing a holistic approach to high-performance accounts receivable.
For 20 years, MoretonSmith have been dedicated to helping our clients collect more of what they are owed, more efficiently. They have consistently achieved this, via a combination of cutting-edge collections technology and best-in-class international collection services.
Whether it’s worldwide collections, or in-house processes, MoretonSmith has the talent, technology, experience and expertise to help.